Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.

Why do my toenails grow upwards toward the sky

Why do my toenails grow upwards toward the sky?

There is no obvious cause for it to be frank. It rather depends upon the shape of the nail bed and the underlying bone alignment. So please do not worry it is normal, unless the nails are weak / discolored or have abnormal spots.

Wish you a healthy life. God bless
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well, my nails are also very white, very thin, they are also somewhat brittle and peel. My nails always have been this way. My fingernails also grow abnormally where some curve downward, some curve upward and some cureve both upward and downward.

I can understand your anxiety.

Thin / brittle / spoon shaped nails are seen in iron deficiency or vitamin deficiency. Abnormal nails are also seen in some chronic diseases { liver or kidney } which is less likely in you.

I would suggest you to take iron and vitamin supplements daily and see for a month for any change. Otherwise a dermatologist appointment will be required for physical check up.

Wish you a healthy life ahead.