Dr. Wajid
Dr. Wajid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (Internal Medicine)

my husband has an inverted penis and when erect is only about

Customer Question

my husband has an inverted penis and when erect is only about 2 inches. this has caused a barrier with our sex life and i don't know how to bring this to his attention so we can see what options are available. any suggestions?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Wajid replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to just answer

Can you please tell me since when is his penis inverted?
Did he have a penile fracture at any stage?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We have only been married for 2 years. It has been that way since we've been married. He's very insecure about it so I would be willing to guess it's been that way all his life. He has never mentioned any type of fracture. He is 6'6" and weighs 260 lbs. I have noticed he has a lot of "fat" around the penis but I know there is about 2-3 more inches underneath that "fatty" area.
Expert:  Dr. Wajid replied 6 years ago.
Is he circumscribed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Wajid replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the input...

What does the ultrasound say?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We do not meet with the urologist until next Monday. But the technician who did the ultrasound said she noticed fluid on the right side of his testicles but not on the left side. She indicated the actual testicles were both about the same size. She mentioned epididymitis which I have researched and one cause of that is clymadia, which he does not have. (nor do I) What my concern is the size of the penis and what can be done or what are the reasons why a grown man would only have a 2in penis.

Expert:  Dr. Wajid replied 6 years ago.
Well the fluid in the testicle is reffered to as hydrocele... But that is a benign condition and not of concern to you...

It seems your husband has a micro penis...

Micro penis is a medical term that describes an unusually small penis. A common criterion is a dorsal erect penile length of at least 2.5 standard deviation smaller than the mean human penis size that is less than 4cm.

Of the abnormal conditions associated with micro penis, most are conditions of reduced prenatal androgen production or effect.

Extra testosterone to post-pubertal adults will produce little or no further growth.

Because hormone treatment rarely achieves average size, a number of surgical techniques like for penis enlargement have been devised and performed but are not generally considered successful.

The best way to get help is to discuss the problem in detail with your urologist and to opt between surgical interventions and penile exercises, which are quite helpful in increasing penile length from1-3inches...

Here is a link to site for further reference regarding penile exercises that you can get help from...