Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Can a Doctor legally refuse to write a prescription for an

Can a Doctor legally refuse to write a prescription for an FDA approved medicine that research shows will help her disease?

Welcome to Just Answer:

The doctor can not withhold such medication from from a patient that needs it. The doctor must provide a significant reason for withholding such as medication, such as that it will cause the patient to get worse instead of better. It will be almost a malpractice and illegal for the doctor to refuse to write an FDA approved medication which research shows help in decreasing the progression of a disease such as MS.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.