Dr. Davidson
Dr. Davidson, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified Specialist in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
27991315

I have one red spot on my arm about one quater in diameter

I have one red spot on my arm about one quater in diameter and slightly
raised. It does not itch and doses not bother me. Just curious what it is .
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Davidson replied 7 years ago.
Hi there, and thanks for your question. Have you had any trauma to the area? That is, any bumps or bruising? Are you taking any new medications? And finally, does it blanche, meaning does it go away when you press on it? Thanks in advance, Dr. Davidson
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
NO
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when pressed
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when pressed on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when pressed on. I
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when pressed on. I have
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when pressed on. I have only
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when pressed on. I have only had this
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when pressed on. I have only had this about
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when pressed on. I have only had this about a
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks
No trauma bumps bruising or new medication and it does fade from pinkish color to normal skin color when pressed on. I have only had this about a week
Thanks for the additional information. Based on your initial description and this information, I'm concerned about a couple of conditions. The first is a common viral infection that manifests with raised circular red rash, and usually starts with one lesion. This is called Pityriasis rose. This is a common skin condition in children and adults. It usually begins as one large spot on your body and then spreads. The rash of pityriasis rosea often sweeps out from the middle of your body, and its shape resembles drooping pine-tree branches. Although pityriasis rosea has a distinctive appearance once the rash appears, in its early stages you may confuse pityriasis rosea with other skin disorders. This rash disappears on its own, and does not require any specific treatment. The second condition I'd consider is a fungal infection. Tinea corporis is the medical term for it, and it usually presents with circular, non-itchy rash. It can occur anywhere on the body. Initial treatment is with topical anti-fungal medications like Lotrimin that can be purchased over-the-counter. Considering your description, I would give this a try first. There are no side effects, and the medication is quite inexpensive. If you notice other smaller areas of rash, it may be the first condition I mentioned, but you won't know until you see the rash spread. In the meantime, the Lotrimin may clear things up in 2-3 days. I wish you well and a speedy recovery. Regards, XXXXX XXXXX