Doctor Marcus
Doctor Marcus, Board Certified MD
Experience:  US Trained, US Board Certified MD, Medical School Faculty Member
28702373

pressure under ribs on right side lower inside edge. feels

pressure under ribs on right side lower inside edge. feels like something pushing out on ribs. no pain
Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor Marcus replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Does this get worse if you move or eat? Have you had any falls or bumped the area?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did not fall or bump it. pressure gets worse when i sit and sometimes when I eat. I have been getting a lot of heartburn.
How long has this been giving you trouble? Have you taken anything for it? Is it in the middle or more on the right?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it has been going on for about 4 weeks and is the right rib but more to the middle. under the edge of my rib. feels like it is pushing out
There are several possible causes of discomfort like what you describe. When symptoms like this are accompanied by heartburn, it is possible that there is irritation in either the stomach or the first part of the small intestine. This can be treated by over the counter medications such as pepcid, zantac, or prilosec. If use of one of these medications does not make things improve, the other possibility is that the pain is coming from the gallbladder. In this case, it is important to be evaluated by your primary doctor so that a complete examination can be done. Further tests which can help search for the cause of the pain are blood tests including liver function tests and an ultrasound of the gallbladder. Things that suggest that you need immediate attention are any fever, chills, dark or tarry-appearing stools (which can indicate bleeding in the stomach), or jaundice. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is no pain just pressure like something is pushing against my ribs
Sometimes, people describe pain in their gallbladder as a pressure-like sensation.