Dr.PMT, Doctor
Experience:  Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine, interest in Palliative Medicine

I feel like I have bruised my left side of stomach and kidney

I feel like I have bruised my left side of stomach and kidney area
Do I put heat or cold pack on it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.PMT replied 6 years ago.

hi there,

Did you hurt yourself? Do you notice anything on the skin that might suggest a bruise then? (Bluish black hue?)

i promise I will get back to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I work in a grocery store and think my side is hitting the side of the counter at the register but not sure. that is the only thing I can think of that might have made it so tender
Expert:  Dr.PMT replied 6 years ago.

If you constantly get the side of your stomach hit/ abraded by the side of the counter, it can definitely cause some tenderness and soreness. Cold packs will be adequate and maybe a Tylenol or two.

However, things to watch out for is: if the pain is increasing, you start getting some nausea/ vomiting... and if you notice that you are having urinary changes (pain on urination, frequent urination esp at night) which might indicate a kidney infection.

If you are satisfied with my answer please hit ACCEPT, so that I may continue helping others. Please ask for clarification or more info and I would be happy to help answer it. Positive feedback and bonus are much appreciated!