MDPhD to help
MDPhD to help, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Clinician in Internal Medicine and Basic Science Research in bacteriology and infectious diseases
20314402

I suffer from an incredible itch on the instep of both feet.

I suffer from an incredible "itch" on the instep of both feet. it occurs irregularly & infrequently but when it does, it is absolutely maddening. The area affected is from the base of my toes to my ankle. Has anybody ever heard of anything like this ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  MDPhD to help replied 7 years ago.

Dear JAGUEST,

Please share some more information: any medical problems? Taking any meds? Any allergies?

DM

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No Allergies
any medical problems? Taking any meds?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No.

DearCustomer

There are several possible causes of this and many of them are treatable which is good news. These include skin conditions such as eczema and fungal infections that can be easily differentiated by having your doctor examine the feet. Topical creams can be used depending on the cause and should help your symptoms quickly. Please see a dermatologist at your earliest convenience to evaluate for appropriate treatment and please let me know if you have more questions.

DM