M Javid, MD
M Javid, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  American Board of Internal Medicine Certification in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases

can hot flashes cause a heat rash

can hot flashes cause a heat rash?
What medicines were you taking?
Have you had any sun exposure?
Do you have any medical condition?
Can you describe the rash in more detail?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ambiencr and I had started medication for depression,prisiq. No sun exposure, no medical condition. The rash started on my wrist and under my lest breast. It has moved to both arms, back, under arms, stomach and is now coming up the back of my neck. red bumps, severe itching, sometimes burning
Hot flashes produce a sensation of heat and the skin may be warm to the touch. There may be sweating. The flash starts in the abdomen and moves uto the trunk and face.

While it would produce redness of the skin, you should not get a 'terrible rash' unless it fits the description above.

Hormone replacement therapy may be needed.

There are other conditions such as eczema, allergic contact dermatitis, photosensitivity that would need to be excluded.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
should I see a dermotologist or allergy specialist?
Your description does not fit hot flashes, and there does not seem to be a reason to have a heat rash.

Eczema is a possibility. It is very difficult to give you an exact cause without actually looking at the rash. You would need to get it examined by a dermatologist.

Please click "ACCEPT" if this answers you or post any followup queries.