HouseDoc
HouseDoc, Attending Physician
Experience:  Licensed by the State of New York
18801144

Can Penis Hurt Bladder During Sex?

During sex my wife often complains that I am "poking" her bladder. I can't help it though. At some point in the midst of any position this happens. She does tend to urinate a lot throughout the day and I just wondering if this is on her or could it have to do with the size and/or shape of my penis?

Category: Medical
Expert:  HouseDoc replied 4 years ago.

It's not likely that you are hitting her bladder, but in fact her "G-spot." The G-spot is located anteriorly near the pubic bone. This goes along with the fact that when you reduce the amount of penetration into her vagina, she has a worsening of this sensation. When a woman is about to climax, she may feel like she is going to urinate. But the truth is that she will not and if you continue to thrust the sensation will get better and in fact she will have an orgasm. In order to prove this, you should encourage her to empty her bladder prior to intercourse. Even with an empty bladder she will get the same sensation. You should also know that there is such a thing as female ejaculation as well. The ejaculate is very much like prostrate fluid. It is usually clear, or milky and as thin as water. It is not urine.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much Doctor. It almost feels like you are telling me what I want to hear. I still have just a quick follow up, if I may?

When she complains that I am, in her estimation, "poking her bladder" it seems to distract and slightly discomfort her, so I change it up immediately. If I am in fact hitting her G-spot it doesn't seem like something that is complaint worthy. Is it something that takes getting use to,(instead of stopping right away should i persist?) Keep in mind that before marriage we were both virgins (though before marriage we would both reach orgasm through foreplay) and have only been married for two months so every sensation is relatively new.

Expert:  HouseDoc replied 4 years ago.

The best thing I can tell you is to be very very gentle. The G-spot is a very sensitive area and as a result too much direct pressure can be very uncomfortable. As such you have to remain persistent but at the same be gentle by going a little slower. When she is about to climax she will get the sensation that she will lose control of her bladder. But if you continue to persist, she will reach orgasm. The main point is that this activity should not be painful, if it gets painful then you should slow down and let her guide you as to what feels good for her.

HouseDoc, Attending Physician
Experience: Licensed by the State of New York