Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate

I have started noticing marble-like bumps under my skin. They

I have started noticing marble-like bumps under my skin. They feel as though they roll around when I touch them, although they don't change area. I have one between my collar bone and my neck, one at the back of my neck where my spine meets my head, and one along the side of my neck. The one at my collar bone is larger and it has been there longer.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
How big are these bumps?
Do they appear to have fluid in them?
Are they soft or hard?
Are they painful?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The one close to my collarbone is about the size of a blueberry. When I push around on it, it seems to move away from my finger. I'm not explaining this very moves back to it's original position like it is attached to the muscle.

The one at the base of my skull is about the size of a pea. It is stationary. It does not move at all. The same is true for the the one on the side of my neck.

It doesn't seem as though there is fluid inside, although I'm not sure how to tell. They are pretty hard...not like a rock, but the shape stays the same when I press on them.

They are not painful.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 6 years ago.
Without seeing these myself and doing a physical exam on them - but what you are describing are most likely lipomas - and if so, these are easily removed and are NOT cancer - just cysts filled with fatty tissue. I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT, and if you have additional questions, please ask.. Thank you.