Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS

I have had a bad bruise like pain on the back of my skull on

Customer Question

I have had a bad bruise like pain on the back of my skull on the left side for almost 3 days now. I didn't hit my head and there is no lumps or swelling that I can tell. I can barely lay my head back, which makes it very hard to sleep. The pain doesn't come and go it just stays the same intensity unless I push on it. When I push on it for a few seconds it feels a little better for a few minutes, but it doesn't completely go away. I'm starting to get worried. What could be wrong?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its at the very base of my skull on the left though. and it has only been going on for 3 days. its never happened before and it came on pretty suddenly. does this mean it won't likely go away on its own? is it something that can be dangerous? i read somewhere that it could possibly be an absess. is that possible?