Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

my last child: abnormal sensations and weakness on left side of body

I'm a 51 yr old female. These symptoms began (and continue off and on) when I was 34 right after the birth of my last child: abnormal sensations and weakness on left side of body. Feels like I need to be put on a stretching machine. Not exactly pain but horrible just the same. It is worse when I lay down at night, and worse if I try to read or work on laptop in bed. Occasionally, the numbness turns to just weakness and I have heavy legs I have to think 'pick up leg", sometimes slide feet instead. cont...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 years ago.

I don't think that what you sense is psychological. I would recommend that you consult another neurologist for a fresh perspective on the problem. It sounds that the majority of your symptoms might be explained by a spinal cord compression. This in particular might explain the leg weakness for example. A spinal cord problem would not explain anything regarding the eye (cranial nerves). Multiple sclerosis can be a subtle and difficult diagnosis at times. Hopefully it is not that but you would want to know and there is treatment for MS. I use this an example as it can have different combinations of symptoms that can be difficult to make sense of. Anyway the botXXXXX XXXXXne is to listen to your body and see a new neurologist.

I hope this helps. further questions are welcome if you have any. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank you and best regards,

Anthony Bray MD