Dr.Toor MD
Dr.Toor MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,ECFMG certified, 4 year experience in internal medicine & allied
23090538

I HAVE PAIN IN MY KIDNEY . FEELS LIKE A CRAMPING FEELING WITH

I HAVE PAIN IN MY KIDNEY . FEELS LIKE A CRAMPING FEELING WITH A BURNING SENSATION.WHAT CAN THIS BE?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Toor MD replied 4 years ago.

Hello, i am sorry to hear about your problem.

Do you have burning while passing urine?

Do you pass adequate amount of urine?

what is the exact location of pain?

Did you undergo tests lile scans and waht were the results?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no pain while passsing urine and also passing an adequate amount . Pain is in the lower left back and sometimes goes to the side and front of body too. I went for a scan and do not know results as of yet.

Have you ever passed stone?

any history of trauma?

Have you been pregnant recently?

How are your cycles?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

never passed a stone. no history of trauma, no pregnancy. by cycles do you mean menstration? if so they are 28 days apart and last 5 to 7 days

Thanks for the additional information.

Yes by cycles i meant menstruatin and it seems you have regular cycle.well considering your description there can be number of causes to your pain.

Pyelonephritis;Infection of the kidney is called pyelonephritis but abcense of fever really rules it out, other wise it could lead to flank pain.

Nephrolithiasis;Stones in the kidneys or tubes that come ot of them(ureter) can lead to flank pain but that pain is usually vey sharp thought it can be crampy as you are experiencing.

Hydropnephrosis;This is the swelling of kidneys usually due to obstruction to their out flow ,and stones are the usuall culprit causing that. probably last november when you were admitted your doctor meant this thing by inflammation because it can lead to flank pain due to distention of renal capsule.now in this scenerio first question to answer is that, is there any obstruction or not and then it is managed accordingly.

Pelvic Inflammatory disease;this is also common cause of lower abdominal pain which can also come to flanks but usually it has some association with coitus or menstruation.

Diverticulitis;Inthis condition there are small outpockets of gut get inflammed and it can also lead to pain where you are experiencing it can be detected on scan.

Other possibilities can be;

Muskuloskeletal pain

Ectopic pregnancy

Tumor.

Well i think the results of scans which yo(u are waiting) would be very important and will definitly guide us towards some diagnosis.

Hope it helped

Dr.Toor MD, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,MD,ECFMG certified, 4 year experience in internal medicine & allied