Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Dr. Haroon Iqbal, Doctor
Experience:  18 years experience in all fields of Surgery and Medicine. Vast experience in Emergency care.
28687509

I have stinging pain in my stomach that comes and goes, it

Customer Question

I have stinging pain in my stomach that comes and goes, it seems to move around, sometimes in middle, sometimes at top of stomach, and sometmies down to my gentals, its been there off and on for over a month now, can you help please?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Haroon Iqbal replied 4 years ago.
Does it have any relation with food?Are you hypertensive?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think when I eat I actually can feel better, but it does not react right away...the pain just comes and goes, probably more on an empty stomach, but can come if I have eaten some...it likes if you took a needle and poke yourself, sometimes one needed, other times several needles...

I am not sensitive, but feel more like that I think as time passes...

It looks that you have a problem known as APD ( Acid peptic disease) and your small intestine is involved ,that's why you feel better when you eat.

You should use Essomeprazole 40 MG once day.Tab.Motilium ( Domeperidone) 3 times a day and some antacid syp. with antiflatulant qualities.Use milk and never leave your stamach empty.Moreover , you to do some investigations like endoscopy, CRP and CBC to find out what exactly is the problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where can I get these drugs? please advise. Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX
These drugs are freely available in the market.See a physician if you have trouble getting them from the market.Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when can I go back to regular eating habits and not have to keep my stomach not empty at all times?

I should never keep my stomach empty right?

Right from today , and you will take medicine for 45 days before complete relief.Do nibbling instead of having 3 big meals.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not drink milk, so knowing this how much can I drink, and what are the best foods for me to eat, and what should I not eat. Thank you...
Better if you drink milk every night.You should not eat foods contaninig acids like oranges, or spicy foods.Avoid beef and eggs , cola drinks and foods causing bloating.and eat everything , apart from these foods.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I always been told ulcers cause burning, etc. I only have stinging, you do believe this is the type of condition (ulcer) I have (APD)?

Could I maybe not have an ulcer?

The ulcer pain is extremely distressing causing person to role over.The investigations i told you will decide finally, but tretament , with little modification will remain the same.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Since I have only slight stinging, off and on, but still very bothersome, you staill feel I do have an Ulcer most likely right?
Not at all, it seems only inflammation and you dont need to worry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I get arid of the stinging - caused from inflammation, and whatever else it might be, please advise..

And should I take the drugs you mentioned before as well?

Dear Vegasem! i have prescribed you the drugs .Take them and you will find relief.Also change your eating habits as i have advised.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nobody knows what Domeperidone is, is there a normal name or another over-the-counter drug like this, that I can fine. Please advise. Sincerely, Craig

Yes !Craig, the other name for domeperidone is MOTILIUM and it is available everywhere.The other name for it are MOTINORM AND COSTI.Please try to take it from drug store.