Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

What could cause skin to turn bright red like a sunburn?

What would cause your skin to turn bright red like a sunburn? No sun exposure and is constantly bright red. When I walk too fast i feel overheated and again my skin turns bright red. When it's too cold or hot my skin turns red again and finally the redness is all over my body.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 years ago.

The commonest cause would be urticaria which may occur with change in temperatures. You may have cholinergic urticaria from heat and cold.Use of antihistamines like Loratidine/Cetrizine and sedating antihistamines like Atarax will give a good response. The other cause would be autoimmune diseases which run in the family like Lupus/SLE/Scleroderma. You need to see a doctor/Dermatologist who can identify the problem. Some tests and investigations may be required,and advise specific treatment.