Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I have pimple like bumps on my rectum. If I squeeze it I got

I have pimple like bumps on my rectum. If I squeeze it I got a semi-solid brownish material about the size and shape of a small sunflower seed. Can you tell me what this is?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Do you mean to say you have bumps at anal opening? How many bumps? How does it feel like? Do you have any discomfort or symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
These are pimple like bumps that when developing turn a little sore but when in the shower can be squeezed like a pimple. A brownish semi-solid mater come out. I've had these for years now. They are on the sphincter membrane. Maybe only 2 or 3 at any given time. When squeezed the bump goes away but they eventually return at some point. I'm not gay, no anal intercourse or anything like that. Never had a STD in my life. Basically they are like a reoccuring pimple but they aren't pimples. They are always on/in the membrane area.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Do you think that all these bumps are grouped together? Is it had or soft? Do you always get bumps at the same place? Have you been evaluated for it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't think they are 'always' in the same place. The material will eventually work itself out and something such as wiping will remove it once it's progresses far enough along. I have not been to a doctor as I've been in Afghanistan for the last 4 years and seldom get back to the states. As for being grouped, the area they appear isn't that large so they are/can be anoy where within the ring and can reappear in the same place. The material that comes out is soft, somewhat of the same consistancy of a pimples material without any liquid. Squashes easily with my fingers. There is no odor, only a little sensativity when it's built up and is near the surface. A simple and easy squeeze with my fingers removes the material. Maybe be a few weeks or month before anything returns.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
Based on your description, it looks like a sebaceous cyst which can involve anal area, when squeezed you get some material from it. This is a benign condition and does not require any treatment. No medical treatment is available for perianal cysts, but if there is adequate symptoms then surgical removal is done. Some of the other possible options are folliculitis. I would recommend you to show it to your doctor when you seem them next time.
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.