Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

my fingers and the palm of my hands turn blue its like a dye.doctors

my fingers and the palm of my hands turn blue its like a dye.doctors cant figure out please help me why its turn blue 5 days already it comes and go
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we went to emergency on saturday they took blood on me and took xray and they cant find anything. My blood results was okey and xray was okey too. Today it gets worst. so what is ur advice about this. Im taking vitamins and some are herbal medicines
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 7 years ago.

Hello

You are experiencing these symptoms due to vasospasm of the small arteries of the hand . This can occur in Raynaud's phenomenon.

Other causes could be blockage of any other vessel above and needs Doppler study e.g a cervical rib pressing the brachial artery.

You must show it to a doctor and if no secondary cause is there treat Raynaud's phenomenon with nifedipine, prazosin, losartan etc.

Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience: MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.