Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor
Experience:  Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.

I have a chest pain 1 inch above right side from my nipple

I have a chest pain 1 inch above right side from my nipple since 1 am this morning.
Yesterday I did lift something heavy and did twisted my body.
Three weeks ago I had a tredmill test and I was told I was Ok.
Heart condition runs in my family.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Is the pain constant? Does pressing on the spot make the pain worse?

Any shortness of breath?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The pain is of and on.

Pressing on the spot does not make it worse.

Shortness of breath not realy.

PS; I my stomach is bloated.

Expert:  Dr Wu replied 6 years ago.
Since the pain is on the right side, I doubt it is related to your heart. Especially since your treadmill stress test was normal and you do not have any shortness of breath. Cardiac chest pain is usually a pressure-like feeling all over the left chest.

Muscle strain is a possibility. However, in most cases pressing on the spot should reproduce the pain. The pain should also be related to muscle contractions(e.g. you feel the pain when you twist your body a certain way/raise your arm).

Now another possibility is gallstone disease, which causes right-sided pain that comes and goes. The pain should be a bit lower(below the ribcage) and is usually exacerbated by eating fatty food.

Muscle strain can be treated with over-the-counter motrin. If the pain is made worse by eating food, you may need an abdomenal scan to rule out gallstone disease.

Unless you have pressure-like pain all over the chest area, cold sweats, and shortness of breath(signs of heart attack), you most likely don't need to seek urgent medical attention.