Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience

Can letrozole cure gynecomastia

Can letrozole cure gynecomastia ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 6 years ago.
Hello.The use of Letrozole in gynaecomastia is questionable.In cases of established gynaecomastia the glandular tissues have developed and solidified.Letrozole is unlikely to get rid of existing tissue.While some shrinkage of tissues may be seen due to decrease in oestrogen levels,but is unlikely to provide long term benefits.In cases where gynaecomastia is in early stage of development due to steroid use,Letrozole may be effective in preventing and reversing the gynaecomastia provided it is used early enough in steroid induced gynaecomastia.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ive had it for about 2 years, so do you think it will be beneficial to go on a cycle of letrozole until it is cured the best it can, or am i just wasting my time. Is there any other supplement out there or stack that I can take to cure this? The only way to 100% cure it is surgery, and im not willing to spend $7,000 for it. There must be some supplement.

I do not think it will cure you ,it may cause some shrinkage but will not help any further if you have had it for two years.Sorry to disappoint you ,there are no supplements which will cure it,surgery would be the answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i heard success stories from people using letrozole and then following it up with something like nolvadex.

If i do take letrozole what type of cycle should i take. Like the amounts per day and for how long.

Nolvadex or Tamoxifen is used to treat breast cancer.It reduces the oestrogen levels in the body and will prevent development of oedema and water retention in tissues as also prevent development of gynaecomastia due to decrease in oestrogen levels.Having said that,once gynaecomastia has occured,neither of the two drugs will help in curing it. Your doctor/GP will be able to guide you to the doses after examining you.