drzachary1, Board Certified MD
Experience:  10 years of experience in general internal medicine, double board certified in preventive cardiology

yesterday i had oral sex from massage parlour in mumbai i dont

yesterday i had oral sex from massage parlour in mumbai i dont know if she has any disease mine was the first time and am worried of contracting any disease can i go for test and will the result be accurate yes it was done without protection..
my email [email protected]
Category: Medical
Expert:  drzachary1 replied 6 years ago.

Happy to help you...just to clarify -

She gave you oral sex? Was there any other exchange of body fluid?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No there was no exchange of body fluid except for my sperm which she took it in her mouth

Your risk for developing and STD from oral sex is quite low. The diseases you can be checked for are:

The first three do not have symptoms (usually) early in the disease but should be positive within 1-3 months.

Herpes is extremely common and can be checked by a blood test but may not be from that experience (could even get it sharing drinking glasses with someone)

If she had gonorrhea or herpes in her mouth, she may have passed these to you. Chlamydia does not usually get passed to the man with oral sex.

Saliva does carry HIV and hepatitis C (in low levels). They are spread by sharing blood (dirty needles, transfusions, anal sex, etc) As long as there were no open sores on your penis and/or there was no blood involved (sores in her mouth) the likelihood of transmission is low.

As for gonorrhea, chlamydia and other less common conditions, as long as you don't have any discharge or sores on your penis, or burning with urination, the chances you contracted them is almost zero. The chances of having a positive test on these from receiving oral sex is low.

If you were tested for HIV, Syphilis and HCV at one month and at six months and both times they were negative, you are in the clear.

Any follow up questions are at no additional charge, even after you "accept" my answer.

Dr. Zach

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so u think i have to wait for 1month to get myself checked cause i am quiet nervous

No, you can check now, but get checked again in six months.

Again, if this is considered a low-risk behavior in terms of HIV so don't worry uncontrollably - just be vigilant about getting tested so you can put your mind at ease.

Dr. Zach

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can get it checked by my family doctor in dubai or do u have clinic which is descreet where i can go and check
There are anonymous clinics in the US. Is there a health insurance system where you live?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no there are no health insurance system in dubai

Then I would just choose another physician or urgent health clinic and ask them to not use your name. They can use your initials when they do the testing.

Please be kind enough to click "accept" so that I may be credited.

Best of health to you

Dr. Zach