Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I have been having pain around my mid section,starting with

Customer Question

I have been having pain around my mid section,starting with my back right side and moving around the front on my right side,I feel it the most when I lay down,this has been going on for a month and it's so uncomfortable I can't sleep.I had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago,and yesterday on my front right side I could feel lots of gurgurling.It doesn't feel like it has anything to do with my digestion track.I am 44 years old and a female.Kidney stones run in my family,but I'm a big water drinker.Thank you for any help you can shed on this.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to JA,

what is the intensity/severity of this pain ?

is there any burning urination, frequent urination at night time, urgency to pass urine ?

is there any pain or numbness in your feet or back of leg ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The pain is like a constant aching around my right mid section when I lay down,not really bad when I stand up,I do urinate alot, with no burning I am not having any numbness in my feet or legs

Thank you for your input,

There are some possible options that should be considered

1) As this pain is radiating from back to front of the abdomen around midsection so it can be ureteric colic and excessive urination and pain are indicators towards this possibility.urine tests and ultrasound can pick up any dilation of the urinary tract due to stone or any obstruction.

2) This can be due to nerve pain which can occur due to pinching of the nerve in the back vertebrae and it also radiates or moves from the back to front in the abdomen. this possibility can be ruled by clinical examination and tests like MRI of the back vertebrae.

I hope this answers your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not been to my Chiro latley,because of money problems but I don't feel this is a pinched nerve and have always urinated alot,that is not a new symptom.I do feel pain behind my gallbladder scar,that is also where the gurgurling is coming from.When I had my gallbladder out 10 years ago they also extracted 34 stones from my liver,I was told that even though my gallbladder was removed that my body could still produce stones.I am wondering if this could be related.

Thank you for your input,

stones usually occur in gallbladder and are not common in liver.

pain of the surgery scar or gallbladder should be on the front of the abdomen and can radiate to the right shoulder.

As for gurgling this can occur after the gallbladder removal as all the liver secretions

enter the gut suddenly(gall bladder acts as a storage of these secretion) as there is no

gall bladder so they can irritate and produce gut movements plus some air that can lead

to gurgling.

I hope this answers your question.