Dr. K.
Dr. K., Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified primary care doctor.
25087362

I have just had a black stool should i go to the hospital or

I have just had a black stool should i go to the hospital or can it wait until Monday.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 7 years ago.

Black stool may be an indicator of bleeding in your gut, which should not be caused by IBS. This could be an ulcer. If you feel unwell, look pale or have a fast heartbeat, you should go to the er immediately. if you feel fine, then it's reasonable for you to contact your doctor by phone and see if they have any input as they know your medical history and have examined you in the past. I would bring a stool sample so that it can be checked for microscopic blood (this can be done in the office)

If I have answered your question, please click ACCEPT, and a BONUS would be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My stomach is also gurgliing and is upset. I have been under alot of stress and I have had trouble keeping food down and I have also been having diarrhea.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 7 years ago.
You may have a bleeding ulcer... please contact your doctor or get medical attention