Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

my partner says my breath smells like garlic but I havent

my partner says my breath smells like garlic but I haven't eaten any foods containing garlic. My partner told me that Dr. Oz says this condition is a symptom of something else. is having garlic breath a symptom of something?
thank you,
susan
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 7 years ago.
This type of abnormal breath does occur when there is some lung problem except to ingestion of some drugs or ingestion of garlic or heavy exercise/Lung problems like brochiectasis,smoking may cause this .If there is inflammation of the pharynx , tooth decay or diverticulitis then it may also lead to this problem.This smell is generally due to excretion of an excess of the sulphur compounds from breath which is a by product due to bacteria activity.
It does need a consultation from a doctor to evaluate & search the cause for your problem.

Hope this will be helpful.

---------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.