tazechip
tazechip, Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459
Medical

I have pain on the right side between my groin and right thigh

when standing for long periods... Show More
when standing for long periods and when driving. The pain is not a consistent pain - it's there for a split second then goes away. If my mind is busy I don't feel it. It rarely happens when I am relaxing or laying down. I don't feel the pain when lifting or putting a pushing pressure on it. I have also had a few instances of watery diaherra (I do have a very nervous stomach and have been diag. with IBS). Thanks for your help.
Can you dexcribe exactly where the pain is? Any swelling or lump in the groin?
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
Right side next to groin at the bottom of the V crease between thigh and groin...pain is closest to groin. Sometimes with the pain occurs I feel it in my thigh. The pain is only a split second or 2 and goes away. As far as I can determine there is no swelling or lump. That area is not sensitive to the touch. I can also almost make it hurt by thinking about it. I have also noticed that drinking a lot of fluids (mike, juice, water) at times almost eliminates the pain for as long as the fluid is in my system.
How long has it been going on?
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
1 year. The pain has not gotten worse - it does not impact my daily routine. I did injure my back around the same time it started...I can't remember if the pain started immediately after or over a period of time - I pretty certain there was delay between my back and the pain around my groin. The pain in my back comes and goes (lasts for a few days/weeks then gets better) - the main issue is it hurts when I stand up from a seated position or try to pick something that is heavy. It is not hurting today when rising from a seated position.

Were any studies done of your back?

Customer reply replied 7 years ago.

I saw a chiropractor - did xrays - told me the last 2 or 3 vertebrae were almost bone on bone - very narrow gap between each. Instructed me to do core strenght exercises using a large air ball. Did help releive the pain.

Well, there's two possibilities: 1) An inguinal hernis that's too small to produce a lump 2) A herniated intervertebral disk or your spine disorder, either causeing a pinch of a nerve root. You should have the area examined by a doctor of #1 and get an MRI of the lumbar spine for #2. If it's spinal in nature, it doesn't sound like a surgical problem and chiropractic therapy may help.
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
Is the watery bowl movements of concern? It normally happens after a normal movement. I have no stomach type pain - other than nerves (I am in the default mortgage business - lots of pressure these days). My concern is the "C" word. I really do appreciate your time - this appears to be a very good service. I am seeing my Family Doctor this afternoon. We have talked about this pain a couple of times - she tells me it's nothing, but the pain hasn't gone away. Pain is strong word - it's more of a nuisance because my brain will not let it go. As long as my mind is busy it's not there - when I am free to think it's makes an appearance. Especially driving my car - must be the way I sit. Also if I am standing for a period of time - like in the morning in front of the mirror getting ready for work.
The diarrhea wouldn't be related, and probably no a sign of cancer--only a symptom of your IBS. If, however, you haven't had colonoscopy recently, you should.
Customer reply replied 7 years ago.
i have not - i will. Again thanks for your help.
You're welcome.