Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

Left shoulder pain, burning and stinging. Pain when move should

Left shoulder pain, burning and stinging. Pain when move should in certain directions/positions. Sometimes pain goes down arm.
Dear Sharlene,

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,I will advise that you see a physician who can do a physical exam,imaging tests like MRI as it seems that your symptoms are most likely due to nerve impingement as it may cause similar shoulder pain radiating down to the arm.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I actually tripped and fell on 10-10-09 and tried to use my arm on the couch to stop the fall (didn't work) and ended up with a extremely large bruise on my left upper arm and left knee and lower leg. The pain with certain movement did not begin until a couple of weeks after this incident. I am curious if I could have injured my rotator cuff when I fell and would like to get a little more indepth ansmwer. I am scheduled to see an ortho specialist but would like to get a "information only" response. Thank you very much.

Charlene Barron

Your welcome,

There is a possibility that you might have caused a injury to a any of tendon which constitutes rotator cuff(supraspinatus,infraspinatus,teres minor ,subscapularis) due to trauma ,as that may also present with similar symptoms.Mostly due to trauma supraspinatus injury is seen.This too can be ruled out MRI of the shoulder.