Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist
8591189

I have stomach cramps and nausea slight diarrhea but no fever.

I have stomach cramps and nausea slight diarrhea but no fever. What should I do?

Since when do you have this ?

Have you tried any medicines ?

Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just today. Started after breakfast so about 4 hours. Only took some cimetedine in case it was just indigestion but that didn't do much. THanks.

This appears to be the beginning of a Gastroenteritis, most probably Viral. This should pass off within a few days.

Until then, you need to maintain good hydration and have bland, easy to digest food. You need to drink lots of water and fresh juices etc that will keep you hydrated and maintain your electrolyte balance.

If you find that the diarrhea is persisting for several days / start vomiting that lasts for 2 / more days/ pass a significant amount of blood in your stools / develop a high fever, then you need to see a doctor for an evaluation.

You can take OTC Imodium to help with the diarrhea.