Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

What is a deep jagged split down the middle of my tongue that

What is a deep jagged split down the middle of my tongue that came on suddenly. I have been on three antibiotics for sinus infection
Is it painful?
Can you mention me names of the antibiotics?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes it is painful at about 4 or 5 on a scale from 1- 10. I have been on Leviquin , Augumentin, for about 4 or 5 days. I can't remember the name of the antibiotic that I finished on Christmas day. I also, received a shot of Roserim (SP)? and a pack of steroids. also, 3 days of Difulcan. My upper respitory inf. returned a couple days after Christmas and I have tried taking oregano casules the past week with only very little help from that. I have been told that I have an antibiotic resistant sinus inf. I also, have itching of my skin when especially when it gets really cold and sometimes when I get warm.

Dear Jett,

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned I will advise that you see a physician who can do a physical exam as it seems that your symptoms is most likely due to viral ulcer or "canker sore" commonly appears on the tongue ,mostly seen after stress,infections.Deficiency of iron or vitamin B12 also may present with similar symptoms as yours,so I will advise that you take multivitamins having iron and vitamin B.Get over the counter lidocaine gargles which will take care of your pain.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX go ahead and visit my dr. As far as taking vitamin B, would you recommend all vitamin b's and in what amount. Also, what about b12 that dissolve in the mouth and slo, how much is recommened
Dear jett,

Vitamin B is water soluble ,so you can take 1-2 pills a day,even if you would have taken much,excess amount comes out in urine.I will advise that you get vitamin B complex.