DOCDEV, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCCS, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Cardiac Anaesthesia and Critical Care Medicine.

I have itchy red spots on my hands, fingers (where I where

Customer Question

I have itchy red spots on my hands, fingers (where I where my rings when I can) and on my armes and a few on my legs. I have been deeling with this for a couple of years now and it does get better in the summer but doesnt go away and only gets allot orse in the winter. I have been prescibed all different ointments for it an remove the use of any soap that is not free and clear. Is there anything else I can do or do I just have to tolerate it forever?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 6 years ago.

Are you allergic to anything-like food/ drugs/ environment-cold, dust, pollen, animal dander?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No food , drug. I do take allegra for allergies to help but I really dont know what I am allegeric to. I also do have 3 cats.
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 6 years ago.
I think, you should consult with a good allergist regarding this.

There are chances of contact dermatitis or any hyperreactivity to any thing in the surrounding, that trigerring antigen needs to be found out.
Meantime, you should take antihistamines like Cetirizine ,if symptoms worsen.

Please press ACCEPT if this answer has been helpful.

This conversation is open till you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks I will try it. My dermatologist told me I will always have it but an allergist may be able to determine the cause. Thanks
Expert:  DOCDEV replied 6 years ago.

Please feel free to ask for me on the forum , should you need further clarifications.