Internist
Internist, Doctor
Experience:  MD,MBBS, ECFMG Certified, 06 years experience in medicine & surgery
23050427

im always feeling like i want to throw up but i never do and

i'm always feeling like i want to throw up but i never do and i'm always sleepy lately...what is wrong??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.

1-Welcome to Just Answer

I am sorry to hear about your condition

Can you provide the follwoing info

1-Since when you have this feeling?

2-Have you vomited so far?was it projectile?What contents?

3- Do you have fever?nausea? pain in belley?

4-Do you have menstrual problems?When was Last Menstrual Period?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well i been having the feeling of wanting to vomite for about 2weeks now...but this past week i been very tired...no i don't have a fever but i do feel nausea pain some times in my belly...the last time i had my menstrual was last month around the 1oth or 11th i believe
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the detailed info

Sorry for delay i was away.

Some of the possibilities include

1-Gastritis/GERD is the most common cause of nausea sometimes associated with feeling ofregurgitation,hear burn

avoiding spicy foods,increased intake of water,antacids before meals and sometimes drugs like metocloperamide are used before meals to combat with nausea and vomiting

2-Sometimes a sickness feeling and nausea before menses is seen (typically few days before mesnes,and is due to hormonal changes,

If you are sexually active you need to get your pregnancy test done asap.it can be the cause

3-If there is fever,belley pain,bowel habits change,chances if gastroenteritis are likely

and urgent ER consultation is advised

Otherwise i would advise you to

1-Take antiemetics and antacid before meals

2-Use plenty of fluids and avoid spicy foods

I HOPE THE INFO HELPS

if you need further assistance feel free to ask

If you were satisfied,Kindly click ACCEPT,Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well i don't have heart burn and i don't have a fever and my belly only hurts when i feel like i want to throw up...thank u Dr.
Expert:  Internist replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the additional info.

That in fact satisfies me that you dint have these complaints,hopefully with abovse said measures you will be able to handle your situation

Wish you good health

Kindly click ACCEPT if you were satisfied,Thanks.

Internist, Doctor
Experience: MD,MBBS, ECFMG Certified, 06 years experience in medicine & surgery