Experience:  dasdasd

I have rumbling and gurgling in my stomach, slight nausea at

I have rumbling and gurgling in my stomach, slight nausea at times and diarrhea. This is the second week. Had similar symptoms about 2 years ago and all tests revealed nothing. Stool samples, barium etc. Could this be a virus? Some days I feel better than others. Symptoms on 1-10 are about 4 or 5.
Category: Medical
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
Can you describe the diarrhea--frequency, consistency, etc.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thursday night moderate to severe about 3 times and watery. Friday, felt good none, today twice, stomach is churning and grumbling but nausea is slight. Am drinking lots of water, flat ginger ale etc. Feel pretty good today. Previously maybe once daily. This morning slightly formed stool.
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
Can you relate this to anything you ate?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Probably, but who know what. Hate to eat out. Had warm spinach salad at restaurant at about the start. Drink lots of spring water. Years ago I had severe allergic reaction to Benicar for HBP. Just nausea and SEVERE diarreha no rumbling in stomach. Could it be my meds. Metoprolol, Cardura and Spirolactone. Lots of grumbling and gurgling. Thanks.
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
Well, if this seems to be resolving, it's most likely a bout of gastroenteritis and not a viral or bacteriological problem. If the diarrhea doesn't completely resolve in the next few days, I'd suggest a stool sample for microscopic evaluation and culture just to rule out an infectious cause.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is gastroenteritis and how do you get it?
Expert:  tazechip replied 6 years ago.
It's a catch-all term for your symptoms. If it were a more prolonged problem, Irritable Bowel Syndrome is the next catch-all term. It can be an offshoot of the flu or due to something eaten. Infectious diarrhea rarely resolves itself without appropriate antibiotics.