Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

My eyes are feeling like trash is in them constantly, even

My eyes are feeling like trash is in them constantly, even after using eye drops. This has been going on for two weeks and getting worse, what should i do, they are very itchy also

Dear msa,

Greetings and welcome,

how long are they itchy?

any associated redness, fever, discharge ?

did you consult a doctor yet?

which eye drops you are using?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have not seen a doctor, I'm using artificle tear drops , I'm also felt some sharp pain. No fever os discharge

Dear msa,

Thank you for the information,

The chances of allergy conjunctivitis may be there in you which is causing such itchy and rash sensation in your eyes.It needs to be treated with antihistamine eye drops and oral drugs like cetrizne, benadryl, etc.

The severe symptoms related may be controlled by steroid eye drops containing the steroids like prednisolone and dexamethasone for a few weeks.

The other possibility could be the infectious cause which may also be associated with such symptoms.The bacterial infection may need antibiotic eye drops for a few days.The commonly used ones are ciprofloxacin, gentamicne, chloromphenicol,etc.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!