Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755
Medical

I have crackling noises in my chest when lying down.They occur

on breathing in at the... Show More
on breathing in at the start of the breath.I also have a chronic cough for over a year that seems to be related to dryness or tickling in the throat.I have had chest X Rays that have shown no pathology, nor can my doctor hear anything on my chest.
Category: Medical
replied 6 years ago.

Greetings,

Since how long are you hearing the sound? Any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke pain or shortness of breath? Any test ? Any treatment taken? Do you have any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
I have had the crackling sound for about a year.I had pneumonia 8 years ago, but no identified chest infection since then.My doctor has listened to my chest and sent me for X Rays and blood tests(for cancer and rheumatoid arthritis) with no pathology found.I have no pain or shortness of breath and can run for over an hour without any problems other than coughing.
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

When the sounds occur only in lying down position, there can be reflux which is responsible for chronic cough. Trickle down of reflux fluid may not be detected X ray. You can consult an ENT doctor for an examination of the larynx & throat. Other causes like any heart disease or asthma /bronchitis problem should come up in your doctor's examination.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.