Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I have this dizziness that seems seasonal. I comes around Fall,winter

Customer Question

I have this dizziness that seems seasonal. I comes around Fall,winter & is almost un noticed during spring, summer. My allergist has dismissed this as allergy related. I have noticed that I have problems with my vision (double Vision) & lethargic at the peaks of my dizziness. Also loss of appetite. I have been diagnosed with Vertigo however, no'one has actually found the root of the Cause. If been going to diff physicians, ENT, Allergist for 2 years now. I just wanted some advice. Im desperate at this point.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Jusr Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing dizziness associated with vertigo and double/blurred vision, which is seasonal. While your symptoms may be in part be related to seasonal allergy as a trigger, but it is likely there is an underlying susceptibility of your sinuses that make it easier for you experience this persisting seasonal problem. At the back of the nose, inside, there is a common meeting point between the nasal, ear and eye sinuses. With chronic or recurrent inflammation of these sinuses, any exacerabtion by seasonal allergy can cause imbalance of the fluid/pressure within and outside the sinuses, and so can cause vertigo and dizziness (ear sinus related) blurred/double vision (due to nystgamus-due to effect/pressure on the orbital sinuses).

Although you need to continue with your current medications focused on reducing your allergy and inflammation, I suggest that your doctor closely evaluate you with CT Scan and/or MRI of the sinuses to exclude any persisting chronic infection that needs to be treated with a more effective antibiotics. Augmentin, instead of amoxicillin, for a longer duration may be necessary.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm always here to assist you.

I hope this information is helpful. If agree, please press the ACCEPT button. Thank you so much.

A positive feedback and/or bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

This is for information only, and should not replace the recommendation of your doctor.

Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I will bring this to my Physicians attention.
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much.