Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialities & US Medical Graduate

70 year old with vaginal bleeding,starting about 1 month ago

70 year old with vaginal bleeding,starting about 1 month ago as spotting and get progressively worse to where a pad is needed?
Any postmenopausal bleeding whether or not a hysterectomy has been performed needs to be evaluated for cancer - I would recommend a pelvic exam, a PAP if one not recently done, a Pelvic ultrasound, an endometrial biopsy of the inside of the uterus, plus some labs too such as thyroid (TSH - thyroid stimulating hormone) and blood count. I hope this helps, and please click on ACCEPT and if you have further questions, please ask and thank you for your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, this was my mother and she was diagnosed with uterine cancer and it was caught early because it had not spread to the lymph. She has had si8x months with not cancer and didn't have to take any other treatment.

very helpful,
Thanks and god Bless!
YOu are welcome - any time...