Dr. Lori
Dr. Lori, Board Certified Family Physician
Experience:  13 yrs+ in full scope Family Practice.Extensive experience w/ chronic diseases.

i have a lump on my leg and it seems very sensitive to the

i have a lump on my leg and it seems very sensitive to the touch
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 4 years ago.

well sorry to hear about ur problem

plz require some output regarding lump

since how many time you have this?

any increase in size you noticed?

what is its exact location at leg?

its mobile or fixed with underlying structures?

any pain?

any redness fever associated?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this is the first time I have had this problem--I noticed it about two days ago. When I massaged the lump, it decreased in size. I was about 3/8" in diameter and now is about a 1/4" in diameter. However, it feels like the lump is well below the skin and fat layers--it is located on the front of my left leg about 3" above my ankle. It does not appear to move when I rub it. When I massaged the lump, the skin bruised in that area. It was quite sensitive to the touch, especially when massaging it, but no other pain if it is not being touched. There is no redness, except a small bruise where I rubbed it. I just came down with a cold today, if that is helpful.
Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 4 years ago.

Air-

I have a few questions so that I may help you:

1) Is this lump visible at the skin level- can you see it?

2) Is there any discoloration to the area before the bruising?

3) Have you had any trauma there? Bump your shin, etc?

4) Is the bump between the skin and the boney shin or to the left or right of the shin?

5) Do you notice any veins around this area, especially varicose veins?

I await your respons---

Regards--

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1) Yes, the bump is visible at the skin level.
2) The area was not discolored before the bruising.
3) I'm not sure if I bumped my shin there, but it's entirely possible. I've been doing some construction work recently.
4) It seems to be right on top of the shin (in the front), not much to the right or left. If I drew a line vertically up my shin, it might be a 1/4" to the inside of the shin, but no more.
5) No varicose veins in the area.
Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 4 years ago.

Air-

Thanks for the info.

If it doesn't hurt unless you touch it and it is not very painful with your activity, it is very likely to be a resolving hematoma or lipoma which is a benign fatty tumor. For either of these, nothing acute need be done. It was probably cause by trauma. If it is a hematoma, it will resolve in 6 weeks or so. If it is a lipoma, then you can live together happily with no problems

If it continues to bother you, have it evaluated by your doctor. It can always be biopsied if the condition gets bigger or more painful.

Warning signs to watch out for:

if it grows bigger quickly, has increased pain, or turns red, etc., you need to be evaluated.

I hope this helps. Ask any other questions you need.

Happy holidays----

Experience: 13 yrs+ in full scope Family Practice.Extensive experience w/ chronic diseases.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help and advice. Happy Holidays to you, as well...