Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.

I have itching and burning sensation in hamstrings and thighs

I have itching and burning sensation in hamstrings and thighs and seems to get worse after bowel movements, along with some rectal pain? I've had this for a few months now. any ideas
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 years ago.
Has your physician ever did any tests for your symptoms?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No not in regard to this problem. I was diagnosed with prostatitis about 8 years ago and the rectal pain started around then. I was treated with antibiotics for the prostatitis and it seemed to have been cured. I also started having permanent hemorrhoids at that time. If the hemorrhoids protrude outside the pain is less but once they go back inside the discomfort/ pain returns especially if when I clench my anal muscles.
The itching and burning pain in the hamstrings also varies from day to day and that started about six months ago.
I have also been getting heartburn a lot recently. I dont know if this is connnected
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 years ago.

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,I will advise that you see a urologist who can do prostatic fluid analysis.There is a possibility that your symptoms could be due to chronic abacterial prostatitis as it may present with similar pain pattern as you described.I am also mentioning this looking at your history of prostatitis earlier.The rectal pain is most likely due to hemorrhoids for which you should see a gastroenterologist,mean while I will advise that you apply topical xylocaine cream which will help alleviate your rectal pain.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.