Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine

I have a buzzing sensation in my groin area, Im 43 year old

I have a buzzing sensation in my groin area, Im 43 year old male with not other previous medical complaints.
It comes and goes during the day and night
How long has this been going on? Do you have any medical problems? Can you describe the symtpoms in more detail?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It been going on for around a week, it fells like there is a buzzer in my groin, unusual feeling that ive never had before, when i rub the inside left area it seems to reduce the sensation. I have had a sore lower back but I think that was from lifting something heavy
This sounds like a nerve problem. Could be a pinched nerve. There are many other neurologic causes of sensory problems. What is needed is an exam by your doctor or neurologist. Basic labs also. The possilibities are many and I can't give you a diagnosis online.
It doesn't sound serious but you should have this checked out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could this be related in any way to the urinary system
That would be very unlikely. Urine problems cause burning on urination or pain as with a kidney stone Of course a urine specimen is needed as part of your workup.