Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS

Large painful lump on eyebrow. Not a pimple, hospital lanced

Large painful lump on eyebrow. Not a pimple, hospital lanced it and no fluid. Possible causes and any advice
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer!

Most of the eyebrow lumps are due to the infections of the glands like:
which usually occur acutely and cause tenderness, redness of eyes or discharge (sticky eyebrows) respond to hot compresses, and may need antibiotic creams. if don't respond to these or enlarge, may need surgical drainage. such lesions can spread to other eye or other eyelid. so personal hygiene is mandatory and to avoid to squeeze the lesions.

Other lesions could be due to ectropion, entropion or skin cancers.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The lump is very large and painful. Emergency room lanced it and nothing came out. The lump is on the eyebrow itself. I have severe excezema/dermatitis and a severe allergy to milk.

What can I do to reduce the swelling so that I do not look like someone hit me with a 2x4

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 6 years ago.

Very large lesions on the eyelid could also be due to malignancy, as there was no fluid drained, this also favours a malignancy because all other lesions usually drain fluid when excised.
in this case the biopsy report of the lesion would be important to make the diagnosis and proper management.
I hope they have taken the biopsy.

As far as the swwelling is concerned, In the setting of eczema benadryl and steroids can help.

Feel Free to ask any queries about the answer!
I hope the answer was helpful..
Don't forget to click ACCEPT, if i have answered to your satisfaction. A positive feedback and bonus will be highly appreciated