Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

I am becomming lightheaded when I burp. It lasts only for

I am becomming lightheaded when I burp. It lasts only for a second. I guess it is related to blood pressure (low?). Any ideas?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I would like to have few details from you. any history of diabetes, hypertension or high cholestrol? any heart burns? any known medical illness?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No diabetes, high cholesterol or heart burn, or medical illinesses. I had rather high blood pressure when I drank a LOT of coffee (10 cups a day produced >150/85). I have been drinking 1 cup a day for the last 2 years.

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your details. Your symptoms can be due to low blood pressure but I will advise you to have detail evaluation done which can also responsible for these symptoms. The following important possibilities like valvular heart disease, thyroid disorders, anemia should be investigated. I will suggest you to see Internist for complete evaluation and have important tests like EKGs, heart echo, thyroid profile, complete blood count. I can give possibilities and show right direction here.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be compensated for my work and time here.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed