Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

I have horrible tooth ache but dentist say there is nothing

Customer Question

I have horrible tooth ache but dentist say there is nothing wrong with my teeth. What could it be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your question.

There are a number of things that can feel like a toothache. Most of them (not surprisingly) are dental in nature.
Aside from tooth trauma / cracks / cavities / gum disease etc. other things that can cause a toothache is food stuck between your teeth, grinding your teeth, a problem with your jaw, and sinusitis. Also it is possible to have an infection all the way at the root of your tooth which can cause pain.

I know that tooth pain is miserable -- I hope you feel better very soon.
For now it might be smart to get a second opinion, and meanwhile motrin (if you have no conditions that make you unable to take it) and alternating hot and cold packs might help.

You can click on this link to see more causes of tooth pain.

G-d Bless

If you have any follow-up questions please feel free to ask them.

_________________________

If you are satisfied with my answer, please push "accept" so that I can be paid. BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are not expected, but are always appreciated.
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience: Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could it be a Sinus infection? It is also causing my ear to hurt.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you think it could be a Sinus infection? I am also having pain in my ear.
Yes, it can be a sinus infection (I don't know if you missed where I wrote that in my first answer). Additionally, ear pain makes me lean more towards TMJ where the pain is coming from your jaw. This has multiple causes, two of which can be clenching and grinding your teeth.

G-d Bless

_________________________