Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  30 years experience as doctor

what are the causes of left lower leg dull ache

what are the causes of left lower leg dull ache?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.

How long are you having this?

Did you have any test ?

On which part of the leg are you having it ?

When it aggravates ?

Are there any redness ,swelling ?

Did you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was having low back pain from the starting of my menstruel yesterday and we were shopping all day and then when I got home last night it started it is in my left lower calf and it isnt a strong pain it is a dull ache no redness or swelling no other illnesses no tests because it just started last night but my lower back pain seems to have started it

it is kind of concerning cause it feels funny when I walk its not like a charlie horse pain it is much lighter than that im not in major pain my leg just feels different than the other

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the information,

This can be due to muscle cramps or pull.

In some cases there can be pinching of nerve in the back causing referred pain to the leg.

However you need to get an examination by doctor if the pain continues.

Occasionally it can be due to clot .

Clot can be associated with redness, swelling but those may be absent too.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I took an 81 mg aspirin for now to see if that would help and I took it at 10am and my leg still feels the same if it was a clot would that have helped and how long would it take for my leg to feel better I cant call my dr till tomorrow so Im trying to stay out of ER today cause I dont have ins at this time so Im trying to get as much info as I can from you

I only took one 81mg coated aspirin because I have gerd and hiatal hernia and small ulcer is there anything else I can take to thin the blood with cause digestive upset next time?

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
Aspirin is a preventive measure .

If the clot has already formed , it will not help in dissolving it.

In case of clot an anticoagulant therapy like heparin ,warfarin etc are needed.

You can apply warm moist compress and take tynelol .

This can help in muscular pain .

An examination in person can only exclude clot .

Tests like doppler study is often necessary .

Examination in urgent care can be taken.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We have centra cares down here maybe I will try to go there I just dont want to waste their time or my money by going there for a little ache but I will if you feel its necessary but would my blood pressure or any numbers be off or anything before I go because my blood pressureis 114/73 so its not bad Ijust want to get as much answers as I can before I spend the day at the drs for nothing but a small cramp
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 4 years ago.
I already mentioned muscle cramp and muscle ache as the first possibility .

As I did not have the privilege of examining you ,I cannot exclude other possibilities .

Blood pressure would not be abnormal in case of clot until it travels to lungs and causes a blockage .
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience: 30 years experience as doctor