Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.

My throat feels full or swollen from the inside. My lymph

My throat feels full or swollen from the inside. My lymph nodes dont seem to be any more swollan than usual when I am fighting something...the sensation is in the anterior part near thyroid area and posterior area near the C1 Transverse Processes. Hard to describe...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your question.

Can you please tell me what other medical problems do you have?
What medications do you take?
Have you had any recent weight changes?
Have you had any recent lifestyle / job changes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Wake up a few times a night to urinate (clueless as to why, your insight would be great),

Feel the need to take deep breaths- unusual for me. Worse at night for some reason

Meds-

Z Pack, multivitamins, herbs

Weight changes-

was going to the gym, body shape was starting to change a little with exercise

Lifestyle/job changes-

Decreasing acidic food intake to neutralize pH (was 7.0, now 7.25) Aiming for 7.4

Discontinued coffee and chocolate, sugary foods

I'm sorry for the delay. The snow storm has caused problems here....

What is your height and weight?
What is your diet like? (ie how often and what times of day you eat compared to your sleep cycle...)
How much do you drink per day?
How long have you had the bronchitis?
Has the antibiotics helped?
Where are you trying to change your pH? blood? urine? lungs? stomach...

The fullness near your thyroid is possibly a problem with your thyroid itself that should be evaluated with a blood test. Another possibility is that there is some extra fat there (though from your description of your current activity this does not seem to be the case). Most often this occurs when a person GAINS weight. The extra fat stimulates the nerve that is near the thyroid and gives a sensation of fullness.
The need for taking deeper breaths right now sounds like it could be related to your bronchitis.
Depending on the timing of the need for deep breaths, and the frequent urination, it almost sounds like some type of congestive heart failure. That is when the heart does not pump as efficiently because there is fluid 'backup'. Part of the treatment for that is to give the person medications to increase urination - which in turn makes breathing easier. This can also happen from high blood pressure.
Although the things I mentioned above are possibilities, they are quite unlikely in a person your age.

Lastly, herbs are not regulated by the FDA and therefore can have many things in them that are unsafe, or in unsafe quantities. That is something that I cannot really address here.

It sounds to me like you really should have a very thorough workup from your primary care physician to see if somehow all these symptoms are related.

G-d Bless

If you have any follow-up questions please feel free to ask them.

_________________________

If you are satisfied with my answer, please push "accept" so that I can be paid. BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are not expected, but are always appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

changing body pH (blood, urine, saliva). Saliva was tested.

I weigh 153 lbs, have for at least 3 years (I am a size 10). Diet; pretty healthy, some baked items (live in Germany), more than I would eat in the States, but not too much more. Balanced; chicken breast, vegetable, rice. (example of typical dinner)

I avoid alcohol because (since it makes us pee more!), drink H2O (2 to 2 1/2 liters a day)

The MD said that my lungs still sounded ok, congestion was in the bronchial tubes...was having slightly labored breathing for about 1 week, been 5 days on the antibiotics. Not sure there is much improvement...slight.

Last time my BP was taken (5 days ago) it was 106/62 (or somthing like it)

The frequent urination is only at night. This started this past summer. The only thing that seemed to have affected this was when I started changing my diet this summer, drinking 5-16 oz. glasses of water and avoiding acidizing foods. That is when my pH changed from 7.0 to 7.25. I got to the point where I was not having to get up at night at all to urinate.

PLease take this information into account before I accept your answer.

1. I don't expect you to accept my answer until you are satisfied.
2. The pH of each part of your body is different. One of the ways to affect your pH is via your kidneys. The extra water going through you kidneys would, as you know, change the pH.
3. The fact that you did not respond dramatically to antibiotics tells me that either this is viral, or that the bacteria was resistant to this particular antibiotic.
4. I cannot really explain the change in your urinating less with a different pH, except that when it was more acidic it might have been more irritating to your bladder and therefore making you go more.

G-d Bless

_________________________

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would you still keep CHF as a possibility at this time? Do I fit that profile?
I still would rule it out.
I was even thinking of saying that when I sent my last answer.
This thought is just because of the combination of difficulty breathing comfortably, and urination. The fact that you drink a lot can work in either way - overloading your heart, or causing your kidneys to work more efficiently.
This is why I think you need a full workup.
Also, by doing a blood test for CRP and BNP those can give you some hints about CHF.

G-d Bless

_________________________

Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience: Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.