Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Experience:  M.D.
8775652

I have pain in my right pubic bone area, groin/ hip, and after

I have pain in my right pubic bone area, groin/ hip, and after a while it went down to my leg after a year. The pain is made worse with physical activity. Sometimes when I urinate the pain is recreated, I feel pain right pubic area, groin and hip with urination. I do not have an infection or anything like that. My Mri of my hip says that there is a possible bone bruise on the right pubic bone I am an athlete and I am wondering if the bone bruise could be causing this problem
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Will you please answer some questions-
1.Since when it is there?
2.Is there history of trauma?
3.Is there any back pain?
4.Is there any chronic disease?
Please reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the pain came last july it was just in the hip and groin i am a tennis player and it came on at a tournament. I kept treating the injury until it eventually went away for a couple of months and then it came back again in november, thats when i also noticed that peeing affected that side. I did an mri which only indicated possible pubic bone bruise. I kept playing on the problem, rested for a while and then about june this year i then started to have burning down my leg also.
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for information.

Your history is very clear regarding your problem.At the pubic bone & in groin area there is attachment of the abdominal muscles & adductor muscles of the thigh.You have developed strain of the rectus & adductor muscles.Most probably heavy strenuous sports activity has contributed to it.Since it is has taken a long time so i think you should consult to a good physiotherapist,it needs a good rehabilitation which may go for about 6 months to a year.At present you should completely avoid the heavy sports activity & should start an antiinflammatory like advil with warm fomentation over the affected area.Your doctor may think of local steroid injection if you do not get relief .

Hope this will be helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The thing is the doctors did not notice this, I had just remembered today that my trainer was wondering last year if it was the problem but none of the doctors brought it up, i think they missed it because we had looked everywhere else for the problem so i was playing in pain until i couldnt take it anymore, do you think the burning down the leg was from nerve irritation
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
That may be due to the nerve irritation but that itself may be due to strain at adductor muscles as it may lead to inflammation induced contraction of the adductors & pinching of the femoral nerve which is passing through it.

Hope this will be helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This also attributes to the urination problem as well rite
Expert:  Dr.tiwari replied 4 years ago.
Yes,as there is involvement of the rectus muscle which does participate during voiding of urine by contracting & increasing the intra abdominal pressure.So you feel pain during urination.

Hope this will be helpful.

--------------------------------------------------
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Experience: M.D.