Dr. S RIAZ, Doctor

i have developed white lines under the skin of the back of

i have developed white lines under the skin of the back of my left hand and a few on my arm. they run both horizontal and vertical largest about 1 1/2 inches smallest about 1/8 inch. I think they are under my skin but am not sure. What can they be and is this something I should see my primary care physician about?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. S RIAZ replied 6 years ago.

Hello Customer,

There are many conditions which can present in this manner. Hand eczema which is dry skin can present with white spots. You can treat it with topical cortisone like Clobex Lotion. Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis can also present as white spots on the hands. If you have been exposed to arsenic that can also present like this. It would be best to see your doctor and get the diagnosis confirmed. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

how could i have been exposed to arsenic? I do not have dry skin or dermititis

Arsenic can be there in water especially in well water. An examination is important for a diagnosis of dermatitis and so you should see a doctor in person. Thanks.

Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.