Dr. K.
Dr. K., Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified primary care doctor.
25087362

hi i found a lump in my outer thigh between my hip and knee,

hi i found a lump in my outer thigh between my hip and knee, it has got biggar but its quite deep its prob about 2-3 inches but my leg is also completly numb from the top of my thigh to just above my knee covering the lump area, i am quite deeply concerned as a friend of mines son died several years ago from a cancerous lump his physio found in his thigh after his rugby training. please help?? many thanks cheryl
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question

I would recommend that you visit your doctor for an exam and some imaging. The most concering part of your description is the numbness that you describe, which may indicate nerve involevement. You may need an x ray or an ultrasound (or both) to show what exactlty this lump is, and why it is pushing on a nerve

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i have been to my doctor several times but they just seem to think its a trapped nerve i was sent for a scan the first time round but nothing was found and they never persued the issue, i seen 2 different doctors 1 which could feel the lump and the other couldnt i was told to leave it for a couple of months and they said eventually the feeling would return, so i ignored it for a while this but this has been going on since sept 2007 and i think its getting worse, but i personally think the lump is getting bigger and the numbness is still there, i dont feel they believe me and dont want to keep pestering them but it is starting to really worry me, i was going to go private for a second opinion, do you think that is wise?

thanks cheryl.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 6 years ago.

It is always a good idea to get a reevaluation when something is getting worse and not better. You should get some imaging to help us determine exactly what is causing the lump and why it is growing. If you are getting worse, do not take no for an asnwer