Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I have an embedded splinter in the palm of my hand. It caused

Customer Question

I have an embedded splinter in the palm of my hand. It caused warts to grow which I have had treated 3 times by dermatologist to remove warts. They still come back. I have now developed a bond growth(?) in that same hand but nearer my fingers. I5t looks like the splinter(s) have caused further problems which indicates the slinteer needs to be removed. It will require a doctor to get it out. What doctor-specialty should I go to that can cut out the splinter and the hard growth?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer: Sorry for your discomfort.

An orthopedic specialist doctor can easily remove the splinter for you. If you want can locate some for you near your town or state, if you do not have any in mind. It's likely that the main wart is persisting due the splinter in place.

I noticed that you have tried other effective products, but keep the information on the following product for future.

Applying cantharidin. Your doctor may use cantharidin on your warts. With this treatment, the doctor "paints" the chemical onto the wart. Most people don't feel any pain when the chemical is applied to the wart. You'll experience some pain and blistering of the wart in about 3 to 8 hours. After treatment with cantharidin, a bandage is put over the wart. The bandage can be removed after 24 hours. When mixtures of cantharidin and other chemicals are used, the bandage is removed after 2 hours. When you see your doctor again, he or she will remove the dead skin of the wart. If the wart isn't gone after one treatment, your doctor may suggest another treatment.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, feel free to clarify any further questions.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please recommend a specialist ortho surgeon. I live in Lebanon, IN which is 20 miles north west of Indianapolis, IN and 30 miles south of Lafayete IN. My zip code isNNN-NN-NNNN I can drive.

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Found few for you:

Terrance Delvin, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
2505 North Lebanon Street Suite 216
Lebanon, IN 46052
(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Second Office Location:
1411 South Creasy Lane
Lafayette, IN 47905

Robert Hagan, MD and Daniel Daluga, MD
Orthopedic Surgeons
Lafayette, IN 47905
(NNN) NNN-NNNN
1411 South Creasy Lane Suite 120
Second Office Location:
XXXXXbr /> Lafayette, IN 47909

Edited by Dr. Stan on 12/12/2009 at 7:39 PM EST