Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor

My second and third toe are swollen and sore to the touch.

My second and third toe are swollen and sore to the touch. It hurts to bend them even a little. My big toe doesnt hurt at all tho. Do you have any ideas on this?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.

How long are you having this pain?

Are they swollen in their whole length? or in some parts?

Did you have any trauma?

Did you have any test or treatment?

Did you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi there, no I haven't had any trauma or anything. It started as of Monday and has been bothering me all week. The first 5 days it was my second toe. The one next to the big toe. The whole thing has been sore and the whole toe is swollen. It was really affecting my walking. As of yesterday the 3rd toe started doing the same thing as the second toe. I havent been to the dr or anything because I donthave insurance and cannot afford it. I was thinking Gout as a possibility, but i don't know. I hear gout can be caused by sodium, which i really dont eat alot of. Or alcohol which I dont really drink either. The only thing that has changed recently is that I switch from the depo shot to the pill last month, and a couple weeks ago I started taking solo slim again, but I took it before and was never bothered by it. I don't no what is wrong but both toes are swollen. The whole toe. One time when they were swollen, i was rubbing them and it kinda felt like i went over cartlige or popped a little somethng. I dont know. The only other thing I have experienced is the very tops of my toes on the other foot, the right foot had a stinging feeling if i put pressure on the very tips of them.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

The common cause in your age is any trauma or from an infection.

The other posibilities are gout, arthritis etc.

In the absence of trauma or infection, gout is possible.

However you should have an examination by doctor to find the exact cause.

Gout is due to increase of uric acid in the blood & its deposition in the joint to cause inflammation & pain.

So the treatment options will be to reduce the level of uric acid in the blood, to reduce the pain in acute stage by different medicines,

To keep the uric acid level low you need to follow dietary measures as well as medicine when necessary.

You can read this link for different options.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Was hoping for more of an answer, I knew this already. Well i'm assuming it isnt anything too serious then? I do not have the money for the dr. apt plus blood testing plus med if I need it so I will just deal with it, unless it gets unbareable.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
Without an examination , you can not be sure about the condition.

Infection if it is there will need early treatment.