Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP(R) U.K

hi, my scrotum has skin discoloration on the bottom of my sack

hi, my scrotum has skin discoloration on the bottom of my sack on both sides of my testicles. It is lighter in pigment than the normal skin around it at seems to be spreading further on my sack. I had a cyst removed from my testicle a few years ago while in Germany. I also have had a possible history of mild HPV symptoms with nothing further and have had a fungus infection in the area as well. It seems to itch around the border of the discolored skin at times but does not bother me much. I also have had a pretty consistant groin ache for some time. I am concerned about this as I am a 31 year old white male.

Thanks for input,

This seems like fungal infection and most likely organism is tinea versicolor.

this fungal infection can lead to skin discoloration and occurs in moist places.

there is usually small amount of itching over the infected area.

It is usually diagnosed clinically due to its appearence but test to prove it includes skin scrapings from the effected area which are then examined under microscope.

treatment options are

selenium sulphide cream,

ketokonazole creams.

for severe infections your doctor may give you oral antifungals.

such infections are common in people with low immunity so you may need to get other tests like for diabetes.

you need to keep this area dry and treatment of around 4 weeks is required to get a complete clinical response.

I hope this answers your question.