Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

After eating, persistent headache, blurred vision, indigestion.

After eating, persistent headache, blurred vision, indigestion. Occurring for over 1 year with 30-40 lbs weigh gain. Swelling in lower extremities. Signs of Onychauxis and onycholysisin 7 digits?

Welcome to JA.

Few questions to assist me help you:

Other medical problems?

What did your doctors call your problem?

What medications are your currently taking?

Any problem with flushing?, excessive sweating?, diarrhea or constipation?

After the symptoms start, how long does it last?

I await your reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No other medical problems
Doctors were not able to diagnose the problem
No medications
No flushing, sweating, diarrhea or constipation
Symptoms are immediate after eating and may last 5-6 hours

Thank you for your reply.

It appears that you could have disseminated/systemic fungemia infection of the intestine (including the stomach) and the nails (with onychauxis and onycholysis). The gastritis could be caused by this system fungus infection and therefore predispose you to increase acid production with meals and/or stimulation of the neuroendocrine secretory gland of the intestine, hence contributing to your symptoms of headache, blurred vision and indigestion. There have been cases of disseminated fungus infections associated with nail and gastrointestinal infections in the same patient.

I would suggest that your doctors biopsy and analyzed the small intestinal lesions for fungus. This investigation should also include fungus culture of your nail beds. In the meantime, I suggest that your doctor start you on system anti-fungus such as amphotericin B or voriconazole. For gastritis and ingestion, prilosec or any other acid-pump inhibitor would likely benefit you. Please, feel free to share this information with your doctor.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.