Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

what causes blood on my tongue in the morning

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
How often you notice blood and how much? Is it a fresh blood? Do you have any other symptoms? Any oral or dental problem? Any known lungs or stomach problem? Do you see blood when you brush your teeth?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
blood on my tongue has happened twice. It is fres bright red blood. I do have gingivtis and am under a dentist care for that. Yes I do see blood when I brush my teeth.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.
Based on the information, the most likely cause of your blood in mouth is gingivitis. Gingivitis can cause bleeding very easily and they are fresh blood. I don't see any other symptoms to relate this bleeding to lungs or stomach problem. I also see that you are being taken care for gingivitis, which will certainly resolve your problem gradually. You can read more about gingivitis from click here. Click on different icons to view details. Please let me know if you have further concern.